Disability insurance is a type of insurance that will provide income in the event a worker is unable to perform their work and earn money due to a disability. There are many types of organizations that provide different types of disability insurance. Each organization and disability insurance type have specific rules as to what constitutes a disability and how a person might qualify to receive the disability benefit. Short term disability insurance policies offer a worker a portion of their salary if they are unable to work for a short period- typically three to six months. Long term disability insurance offers a worker a portion of their salary if they are unable to work for a longer period- typically a period of over six months. Both short term and long term disability policies have a period that a person must be disabled for before that individual is able to start receiving disability benefits. That period of time is called an elimination period. If a person becomes disabled, they must wait until the elimination period is over before they start receiving benefits.
For more info- https://www.investopedia.com/terms/d/disability-insurance.asp and the Council For Disability Awareness page – https://disabilitycanhappen.org/
- Ameritas- For more info-https://www.ameritas.com/wps/portal/corp/Home/home/!ut/p/z1/04_Sj9CPykssy0xPLMnMz0vMAfIjo8zizQMNzTwsTQx8DRzD3AwcXSwtQ5wsDA0N_A31wwkpiAJKG-AAjgZA_VFgJXAT3F3MHYEmhAYahXlZGhhYmEEV4DGjIDfCINNRUREAaWDiFg!!/dz/d5/L2dBISEvZ0FBIS9nQSEh/
- Guardian- For more info- https://www.guardianlife.com/
- Mass Mutual- For more info-https://www.massmutual.com/
- Met Life- For more info-https://www.metlife.com/
- Principal- For more info-https://www.principal.com